Friday, August 5, 2011

1 good eye makeup remover and 2 to avoid

I recently blogged here about some good eye makeup removers from Kate and Kanebo, and a bad eye makeup remover from Clinique. I am happy to announce that Kanebo’s makeup remover is available in Singapore from their makeup counters!

1312548013163

At only $20, it’s marginally more expensive than some other brands out there, but is well worth the money as results are guaranteed. Just drip some on a cotton pad, wipe and it’s gone.

However, do not ever buy the Bodyshop Camomile Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover, or the Majolica Majorca Eye Reset Gel.

1312553010621

The Bodyshop one is simply useless – it hardly got rid of any of my mascara. Only when I completely soaked a cotton pad with the remover did its effectiveness improve marginally, but it was still not good enough and stung my eyes slightly.

My issue with the Majolica Majorca Eye Reset Gel is somewhat different. The gel is fairly effective in removing the mascara, but it left my vision extremely blurred – it was quite unpleasant actually. One would have thought that a brand with the best and most waterproof mascara would have an equally good eye makeup remover to accompany it, but unfortunately this is not the case.

1312552975934

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com